Friday, April 22, 2011

Anniversary

One month ago today I started this blog. I was hoping that it would help motivate me to do big things. It hasn't worked that way. It has motivated me to do little things. But I know that those little things will add up to bigger things.

I know that the number on the scale is only one small measure of success. One month of blogging that number hasn't changed for me. But, I see that as a great victory. Just before I started blogging I had to go back on medication for anxiety and depression. The last time I went on these meds. I gained 40 pounds quite quickly. So being on them for almost 2 months and having not gained any weight is a sweet victory for me.

I felt like I did a good job of not over eating today. I did more munching than yesterday but my munching was on celery and/or grapes. I went for a short walk and did my workout routine on the fitball. This morning I also moved more stuff around in the basement. I'm getting ready to finish another room.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations on not gaining anything! Yay!

    Also, I just made a discovery: frozen grapes. They're better than popsicles (which are just plain sugar anyway). I'm told that they have to be the red kind if you're going to freeze them. Just thought I'd pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that things that are there to help us also bring challenges. That is probably a metaphor for all of our life. :-) Way to keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete