Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I did it!

I came home from school starving. Well.....hungry.  I knew that I needed a snack before I had dinner.  So I chose to have a small salad. :-) Not a normal snack for me.  Later I had a balanced dinner.  It wasn't long after dinner that I wanted to eat again.  I knew that there was no way I could truly be hunger, but I wanted to eat.  I remembered the Green Mountain 5 D's and I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO EAT!!!!!

5 D's for wanting to give in:
DELAY at least 10 - 15 minutes before you eat so that your action is conscious, not impulsive.
DISTRACT yourself by engaging in an activity that requires concentration.
DISTANCE yourself from the food.
DETERMINE how important it is to eat the food.
DECIDE what amount is reasonable and appropriate to start with.

I think I probably worked through all the D's.  I did have 1 Mint Kiss.  I feel so good that I didn't give in to the crave for eating.  Once I was determined that I wasn't going to eat. . . . amazingly the feel of need to eat disappeared.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! That's quite a feat and I'm super impressed. *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go MJ! I have been thinking about the plate picture you posted as I sit down to eat and I am wondering how you handle foods that combine the different areas like casseroles or tacos? Have you found any salad dressings that you particularly like? I am trying to find a salad dressing I like enough to eat every day.

    ReplyDelete