Monday, May 2, 2011

Chocolate Attack

I think I have mentioned it before, but I am very much and emotional eater. And my morning session of kindergarten causes me stress. (Sorry if you are reading this and have a child in that class.) So lots of days all I want when they leave is chocolate. Some days I give in and other days I can distract myself. (Some days I play solitaire on the computer to distract myself.) And then there are nights that I sit at home and can't seem to think of anything but chocolate. I don't know why chocolate has such a power over me. But I have just found a couple of weapons to help in the fight.

My sister told me about the new Quaker Chewy granola bars made with Cocoa. They come in 4 different flavors. Each bar is 90 calories, 8 grams of whole grain and 1 gram of fiber. A pretty good snack. And then just this weekend my friend introduced me to Cocoa Almonds. Almonds are a good part of a diet. Even though they are higher in calories they contain good fats for our body. Another win...chocolate that is good (maybe better) for you.
+ for today . . . . 5 servings of F & V.
+ for today . . . . 30+ minutes of exercise - 15 minute walk, 15 minutes on exercise bike, plus back exercises.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I'm proud of you and your fruit/veggies eating. I'm proud of you for substituting healthy alternatives to chocolate. I'm very proud of you for getting in half an hour of exercise. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete