Monday, June 13, 2011

New Shoes

A couple of weeks ago I went to Richfield to buy new shoes. I got there and looked over the athletic shoes. I started feeling for a good arch. I finally selected 3 pairs. I tried them on and bought the pair that felt best on my feet. It just so happens that I selected one of the stores most expensive pair of Nike's. It wasn't until I got home that I realized they were Nike +. Shoes that have a chip in them that will communicate with my ipod. It tracks my distance, time and speed of walking. So for this week's goal I'm using Nike.com. I have set the goal to walk at least 4 days this week for a total of at least 3 miles. I know that doesn't sound like much but I can only walk about 1/2 hour at a time. (For having had doctors tell me for over 15 years that there is nothing wrong with my knee, I wish somebody could explain the pain.)
So......did I walk today.....NO! I planted grass seed; beans, carrots, beets, swiss chard seeds; and flowers. I started around 8:30 and finished around 1:00. I move slow and have to stop and rest once in a while. I came in, cleaned up and sat down and read. I did eat a bowl of fruit for dinner with some soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment